At Vital Strategies we value learning and personal development which is why we believe it is important to mentor future professionals who will grow personally and professionally and create impact in the public health sector. As a Vital intern you will have the chance to develop skills and contribute to our initiatives through engaging, meaningful work assignments that can help jump start your career in public health.
We believe our programs are strengthened when they are developed and supported by individuals with diverse life experiences, whose understanding of social and cultural issues can help make Vital’s work more inclusive. All internships at Vital Strategies and Resole to Save Lives are paid opportunities. We encourage people of all racial, economic, social, cultural, sexual orientation, and gender expressions to apply.
The Research Intern primarily supports research and writing on communication research conducted on road safety and injury prevention and will report to the Vice President of Global Policy and Research.
- Work with research lead conducting data analysis that includes data cleaning, merging of data sets, univariate and multivariate data analysis and writing based on analysis.
- Prepare presentations, graphs and spreadsheets to interpret and visualize research results.
- Work with research lead in developing, piloting, and implementing research.
- Conduct literature review and assist with technical writing and contribute to the publication of a research paper.
- Assist in developing research reports and short decks for sharing with stakeholders, including donors, partners, and others.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
Education and Work Experience
- Graduate student pursuing a degree in public health, or the social sciences, such as social psychology, political science, economics or related fields
- Preferred skills or knowledge in technical writing and quantitative work
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to successfully manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Capacity to work independently and collaboratively in an international team environment with solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound knowledge of SPSS and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Solid knowledge of statistics