About this Role:
Simple is a digital tool that supports large-scale hypertension programs in India, Bangladesh, and Ethiopia. The Simple Team is composed of experts in many fields—from software designers and engineers to public health officials and doctors. We are a diverse team spread around the world—from India and the UK to San Francisco, Wisconsin, and New York.
The engineering intern will be focused on the Simple.org project at Resolve to Save Lives, with a particular focus on the Simple Dashboard, which is used by health systems managers to monitor how their hypertension program is doing. Read more about the Simple Dashboard here: https://www.simple.org/simple-dashboard/
The intern will be working with experienced Rails developers in the US and India to make improvements to the Simple Dashboard and to develop new features. The intern will work on real open source code that will benefit patients around the world.
- Help to deliver features, fix bugs, and maintain our main Ruby on Rails application (https://github.com/simpledotorg/simple-server). This includes our admin dashboard, sync API, and various async jobs and tasks.
- Assist in project planning, help ship new features, give suggestions to engineering and design peers
- Assist in QA (quality assurance)
- Work with our product and design team to iterate on product ideas (Fresh eyes help ensure that our user experience is high quality and simple to use for health professionals)
- Work closely with other engineers via Slack, remote pair programming, code review sessions, and pull requests
- Undergraduate student
- Area of study: Computer science or computer engineering
- Familiarity with modern web development (Rails, Django, Node/React, etc.)
- Experience using Git/GitHub or other version control systems
- Up to 25 hours a week
- September through December 2021
- Internship will be remote, with the potential opportunity to visit the NYC offices when they re-open