As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) at VizSense, you will be prospecting for our sales team, including cold calling, email blasts, marketing campaigns, and incoming inquiries. Using your unique personality and grit, you will reach out and qualify inbound leads to increase the pipeline of potential VizSense clients. We are looking for a persistent and self-motivated individual who is eager to develop their business acumen and sales skills.
You will learn how to identify and research lists of companies to target, and how to develop email and telephone campaigns to generate new business opportunities. You will not only have the ability to create value through immediate increase in our deal flow but will have the opportunity to structure our sales systems, work directly with our Executive Team and shape our culture!
What we’re looking for in a Sales Development Representative
- Conduct baseline research within targeted accounts to identify key contacts and critical account information prior to prospecting calls
- Develop accounts and assigned leads by conducting outreach to prospective clients via telephone and email
- Effectively use tools to research target accounts and identify appropriate relevant targets for outbound campaigns
- Leverage prospecting tools, marketing programs and social profiles to identify prospects at different levels within target accounts
- Liaise with new and existing customers, setting up and attending meetings whilst actively account mapping to identify new opportunities
- Manage data for new and prospective clients in HubSpot, ensuring all communications are logged, information is accurate and documents are attached
- Report weekly on key metrics and KPIs (i.e. outreach, connections, meetings scheduled, etc.)
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop relationships with important stakeholders, including updating contact information for existing leads
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound prospecting using account research, cold calls and emails
- Use phone calls, social media messages, email, and other methods of outreach to establish contact with key decision makers of restaurants
- Use the CRM to ensure activities are documented, opportunities are forecasted, and adequate information about the prospect and/or opportunity is communicated
- Work alongside the management team to ensure the sales strategy and process is aligned with and is delivering results in line with business targets
- Work with sales management to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to create opportunities for new business
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism or marketing required
- 9+ months of full-time sales experience, either in a Sales Development, Account Executive, Business Development, Customer Success or other related capacity required (experience within a marketing or ad-tech company is a plus)
- Ability to build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating interactions and conducting follow-up communications in order to move opportunities through the sales funnel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and enjoy interacting with people via phone, email and social media to articulate ideas and gain their trust, and have experience drafting clear communications that demonstrate attention to detail
- Lead generation expertise to include the ability to identify and develop new business prospects from multiple sources including prospect lists, discovery, and individual research
- Self-motivated with a hunger to be successful; we are a fast-growing company and need people who will take initiative to “figure it out” and take ownership to be successful in the role
About the location
Our team is concentrated at the Dallas HQ office in Deep Ellum.
People Manager: No
Seniority Level: Entry
Travel Required: Ability to travel is required (typically 10% or less, may be higher depending on assignments)
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Local candidates only – no relocation is available for this position.
At VizSense, we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes us a more capable, innovative, and competitive company. We welcome people who represent diversity in their backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. VizSense is an equal opportunity employer, aiming to reach our company’s full potential by cultivating an inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.