98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow, and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more? Check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
Job Role and Responsibilities:
We are searching for a talented, dynamic, hands-on Enterprise Data, and Analytics Intern. The Product Portfolio team aligns with VMware priorities, business strategies and ensures effective delivery of high-value products.
The role is primarily in the Business Strategy and Operations department, as well as working with other groups and business partners. As an Intern, you will join the team that owns the strategic vision and product roadmap. The ideal candidate will be a high performer with a keen interest in business and data requirements alongside a desire to improve processes and programs.
The role will offer you the opportunity to experience working in a dynamic global team, where you will be expected to establish and build key day to day relationships while supporting EDA’s transformation strategy.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Define and drive projects, user personas, product features/requirements and roadmaps.
- Collaborate with EDA leaders to understand their data needs and implement plans and strategies around data maturity, communications, and business enablement.
- Partner across the organization in developing our 3rd annual VMware Intern Borathon (a hackathon event with interns across the globe).
- Pursuing a Bachelor degree with a major or minor focus in Data Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, Finance, or a relevant field of study.
- Ability to turn complex and ambiguous problem statements into structured solutions and partner cross-functionally to act on them in an agile manner.
- Experience with operations and delivery methodologies.
- Experience thinking strategically, structurally solving product problems, and driving execution of projects.
- Good presentation and summarization skills and be able to prepare and deliver on management presentations.
- Previous experience shows strong team skills and the ability to bring together diverse views.
- Experience in making analytical, data-driven decisions, and communicating the results of analyses.
- Ability to seamlessly translate technology features into business benefits
Please note that while anyone with a legal right to work in the United States may apply for this role, VMware is not presently sponsoring work visas for the entry-level positions for which these Internships may prepare you.
This role is available to currently enrolled Junior/Senior Bachelor-level students only. Program is a 12 week internship during Summer 2021.