98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
Job Role and Responsibilities
You will be housed with the VMware Ethics & Compliance (E&C) team and expected to devote the majority of your time to compliance focused projects initially covering a wide spectrum of topics, as well as differing types of projects. You will be working closely with different members of the E&C team such that you should have developed a good understanding of the inner workings of an effective corporate compliance program, in theory and in practice. As well as working for one of the best technology companies in the world, under the leadership of the best CEO (voted by Glassdoor), you may have opportunities to get involved in other areas of the VMware Law Department—e.g., corporate law, labor & employment, intellectual property, privacy, commercial law, or litigation, etc. We have a dynamic team, collaborative and inclusive culture that will enable our interns in exploring different areas of law practice, get a good feel for what it is like to work in a corporate environment as an in-house lawyer, and doing so in one of the most desirable IT companies. So start your journey with us!
- Pursuing a JD in an accredited law school.
- Motivated self-learner with the passion and follow through to acquire new skills
- Ability to think creatively, take ownership of tasks and adapt to changing business requirements
- High level of accountability and integrity
- Work well in a global virtual environment that is fast-paced and constantly changing
- Ability to multitask and navigate through ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal skills, incl. good communication with the ability to articulate ideas in a precise and concise manner
- MS Excel, Access, Oracle or related systems and tools skills
- Ability working with cross functional teams
- Effective presentation skills
- Proficiency in a language other than English
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
This opportunity is available to currently enrolled JD students only. The program is a 12-week internship during Summer 2021.