VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
We are looking for talented software engineer intern for 2021 Summer internship in the Telco & Edge Cloud business unit. You would be working in the high growth Uhana team which joined VMware through recent acquisition continuing their mission to modernize telco network analytics and management
Uhana by VMware empowers mobile operators with subscriber-level, radio access network (RAN) analytics, giving them better control of their 4G & 5G networks and maximizing the quality of service they can offer their customers. Uhana correlates and enriches high volumes of streaming data from mobile network elements, in real-time, to provide unprecedented visibility. Using artificial intelligence, Uhana automatically determines the root cause of network issues and recommends remediations.
This is a hands-on Software Engineering Intern role where you would be working with the Uhana platform team. We are responsible for build high scalable, distributed platform on top of Kubernetes to enabled Telcos with analytics and optimization problems in their networks. You would have dedicated mentorship and gets to work on tough technical challenges, such as building our monitoring service, rearchitecting our build pipeline, designing a framework to scale test our API!
Job Role and Responsibilities
- You will contribute to design, and implementation of enterprise class software that provides real-time AI analytics platform to major telcos.
- Work as part of team to deliver on software projects using Agile/SCRUM development processes.
- You collaborate with stake holders on requirements gathering.
- Work closely with project team members (architects, Product Management, Functional QA, System Test), and coordinate all aspects of the projects
- Currently pursuing BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Design experience with Data structures, Algorithms and Programming.
- Ability to think through, design, discuss, document and present technical aspects of the project to the team.
- Follow good software design practices for consistency, code quality and supportability.
- Flexible and willing to learn and apply new tools and technologies.
- Experience in at least one software programming language such as GoLang, Python, Java
- Familiarity with cloud native technologies like Docker
- Familiarity with container orchestration engines like Kubernetes
“Please note that while anyone with a legal right to work in the United States may apply for this position. This position will perform work that the U.S. government has specified can only be performed by a U.S. citizen on U.S. soil, and therefore any offer will be contingent upon verification of both of these requirements”.