Have a passion for Emergency Management and Preparedness Planning. As an Intern at Volvo Trucks North America NRV, you will learn the foundational principles of what it takes to create, implement, test, and improve a wide range of emergency management procedures. You will work under close supervision of an Emergency Preparedness Senior Director and in collaboration with all levels of stakeholders: from emergency management professionals and other business stakeholders to develop and implement policies and procedures relating to emergency preparedness and management. Individuals in this role use project management knowledge and technical writing skills to support assigned projects, including:
· Develop plans and procedures for major disruptions or emergencies
· Validation of emergency management procedures
· Prepare policies and briefings on emergency preparedness subject matter
· Participate in fieldwork to execute emergency simulations or carry out protocol in crisis situations
· Support project performance reporting
· Create and maintain project artifacts and ensure appropriate document and administrative controls
· Support project teams with the creation and implementation of disaster protocol.
· Create and maintain required documentation including project organization charts, distribution lists, project logs, project schedules, requirements documents, project budgets, and status reports
· Assist in development and review of disaster policies and briefings
· Coordinate project logistics, including calendars, major events, meetings and applicable materials and equipment
· Must be actively pursuing a degree at an accredited educational institution.
· Must be actively pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Business Administration, Emergency Management, Communications, or related field.
· Must have at least one year of academic studies completed.
· Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
· Pursuing a graduate degree in Emergency Management, Business Administration, Communications or related field.
· At least 4 years of academic undergraduate studies completed.
· Relevant work experience (e.g., internships, school jobs)
· Microsoft Office experience (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Outlook, Teams)
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent written and oral communication skills