Under the auspices of the W.E.B. Du Bois Scholars Institute at Princeton, the Accelerated Learning Academy (ALA) is seeking instructors to conduct interactive online workshops on “Artificial Intelligence” (AI) and Technology for a class of 20-25 high-achieving high school students with career interest in STEM-related professions.
- Two or more years of graduate study: Computer science is preferred
- Ph.D. candidates, Post-doctoral Fellows, and others with terminal degrees are preferred.
- Teaching experience with junior high or high school students is preferred.
- Application process will entail submission of a cover letter, CV and participation in an interview
Dates of Employment
- The Artificial Intelligence & Technology workshops will occur via Zoom on 3 non-consecutive weekends in Dec 2021, February 2022, & April 2022. The exact date will be determined by fall 2021.
- On Saturday, online interactive workshops run from 9:00 AM EST – 3:00 PM EST. Two 20 minute breaks will occur. Additionally, an extended break will occur 11:30 AM EST to 12:30 PM EST. A workshop must be conducted from 9 AM – 11:30 AM and a second workshop must be conducted from 12:30 PM – 3:00 PM to the same group of students.
- On Sunday, online lecture/open discussion based workshops run from 10:00 AM EST – 1:00 PM EST to the same group of students. Intermittent 10 minute breaks will occur every hour. Sunday sessions will focus on “new thinking” to remedy ethical and research problems in the application of medical science in real life situations.
- Compensation for Graduate Students ranges from $400-$600 for Saturdays and $200 for Sundays.
- Compensation for Post-doctoral Fellows is $800 for Saturdays and $250 for Sundays.