With minimal supervision, serves as a working paralegal who applies knowledge of litigation and document management to coordinate workflow among paralegals in a particular practice group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support attorneys in all aspects of litigation practice.
- Assist with the collection, processing and review of electronic discovery.
- Coordinate and prepare documents for production including the creation of document productions logs, privilege logs and redaction logs.
- Coordinate with ALS department to create, maintain and update document databases, using the latest available and most efficient technology and remaining proficient in the use of such databases and technology.
- Collect and organize research for attorney use including reports, opinions and case law as well as other information related to the matter
- Assist in scheduling of court reporters, videographers and room reservation for depositions.
- Create witness prep binders, deposition exhibits and other materials used at deposition.
- Organize and maintain collections of deposition transcripts, exhibits and other deposition media and prepare errata sheets upon conclusion of a deposition; create transcript digests for attorney review and use.
- Assist in the process of factual research and the collection of background materials relating to experts, witnesses, corporations and other entities.
- Assist in the preparation of case chronologies and the gathering of supporting documents.
- Assist attorneys with the preparation and filing of pleadings and court documents.
- Organize and maintain case files, pleadings and other documents and attorney notebooks.
- Create and organize case materials in hard copy and electronic binders for attorney review.
- Cite-checking legal documents to conform citations and authorities to the bluebook standard, Shepardize authorities to ensure they remain good law, verify the accuracy of quoted material or cited exhibits.
- Summarize articles, reports, witness statements and depositions.
- Assist and accompany legal teams to conferences, hearings, oral arguments and trials providing logistical and legal support throughout their duration.
- Maintain accurate time records.
- Conforms to the state rules of Professional Responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must possess high level of proficiency with computers, databases, Microsoft office suite, and other business technology.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Ability to function independently, while understanding the role of being part of a team.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail for extended periods of time.
- Ability to proofread typed material for contextual, grammatical, typographical or spelling errors.
- Must have interpersonal skills necessary to liaise between attorneys, clients and/or other support staff and effectively communicate expectations.
- Work frequently requires more than 35 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position. Ability and willingness to extend the workday is required.
- Ability to travel upon short notice to assist attorney in attending to client needs on legal matters.