Wakefern Food Corp. is the largest retailer-owned cooperative in the United States and supports its co-operative members’ retail operations, trading under the ShopRite®, Price Rite®, The Fresh Grocer®, Dearborn Markets®, and Gourmet Garage® banners.
Employing an innovative approach to wholesale business services, Wakefern focuses on helping the independent retailer compete in a big business world. Providing the tools entrepreneurs need to stay a step ahead of the competition, Wakefern’s co-operative members benefit from the company’s extensive portfolio of services, including innovative technology, private label development, and best-in-class procurement practices.
The Data Intern will assist with ensuring the distribution of accurate item data to our customers, both internal (Wakefern product divisions and staff) and external (All Member Banners, Import/Export Stores and Wholesale).
What you’ll do:
- Assist with Data Remediation – SAP Project
- Contacting vendor community for information
- Data gathering
- Facilitate the setup of all new items, for all departments for both Wakefern and Member Groups.
- Understand the data attributes related to each physical items sold to support our omni channel environment, replenishment through the supply chain, transparency in the data shared with the consumer, and satisfaction of regulatory requirements such as taxes, Electronic Benefits, nutritional data and unit of measure in addition to others.
- Audit and analyze data provided, understanding the business utilization of each data element to ensure the completeness and accuracy of information provided.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have completed 24 college credits with a 3.0 cumulative GPA or better
- Will be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate school
- Successful completion of a substance abuse test is required
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint required Knowledge of Lotus Notes and Access a plus)
- Valid driver’s license and flexibility with regard to travel required
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and customer service skills with the ability to multitask and manage time effectively
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and presentation)
- Ability to exhibit proper business etiquette when dealing with all levels of the organization
- Previous work experience in a retail environment is beneficial
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship
Pay: $15.00 – $16.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- If you were referred to apply, please list who referred you:
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place