Wakefern Food Corp. is the largest retailer-owned cooperative in the United States and supports its co-operative members’ retail operations, trading under the ShopRite®, Price Rite®, The Fresh Grocer®, Dearborn Markets®, and Gourmet Garage® banners.
Employing an innovative approach to wholesale business services, Wakefern focuses on helping the independent retailer compete in a big business world. Providing the tools entrepreneurs need to stay a step ahead of the competition, Wakefern’s co-operative members benefit from the company’s extensive portfolio of services, including innovative technology, private label development, and best-in-class procurement practices.
The Infrastructure Department at Wakefern Food Corp., the largest retailer owned Cooperative in the United States, manages the IT infrastructure including Server Platforms (AIX, Windows – 600+ Servers), Networking & Communications (300+ Nodes), Databases (DB2, Oracle & SQL Server) & Network Security for the enterprise. The team is looking for a talented, creative, organized, and energetic problem solver to join us as a Summer Intern.
The intern will work closely with the Network and Server teams on a variety of projects related to network and server infrastructure, and may work with other members of the IT team on various projects. This includes evaluating hardware and software, assist in troubleshooting network and server related issues, and in documenting infrastructure and processes.
This internship position is a great opportunity for a student majoring in Information Technology, or another related field, to gain hands-on experience working with Wakefern’s Computer Information Systems Division.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinates and completes the certification and implementation of new software or updates existing software
- Creates and maintains scripts for each application used
- Program/ Project testing (including test data development)
- Job control and operating instruction preparation
- Project and program documentation, implementation, and follow-up
- Establish and maintain appropriate working relationships with CISD staff members, operating personnel, customers and vendor representatives in order to carry out functions
What we’re looking for:
- Must have completed 24 college credits with a 3.0 cumulative GPA or better
- Will be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate school
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Successful completion of a substance abuse test is required
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint required. Knowledge of Lotus Notes and Access a plus)
- Valid driver’s license and flexibility with regard to travel required
- Familiarity with Windows Server OS required
- Solid understanding of networking concepts, and related hardware and software components a must
- A strong desire to learn and to overcoming challenging problems in technology needed
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and customer service skills with the ability to multitask and manage time effectively
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and presentation)
- Ability to exhibit proper business etiquette when dealing with all levels of the organization
- Previous work experience in a retail environment is beneficial
- Some completed IT related projects in school or work a strong plus
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship
Pay: $15.00 – $16.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- If you were referred to apply, please list who referred you:
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place