Full Job Description
Wakefern Food Corp. is seeking a Marketing Co-Op Student for May/June 2021 through December 2021.
In this position, the student will gain exposure to both the Marketing and Procurement sides of the food industry. The position will be project-based depending on business needs at the time, but will offer a great overview to the various facets of the food industry.
The co-op student’s main focus will be on the marketing/program management for our supplier portal, Wakefern Engage.
- Support supplier participation in Wakefern Engage: Creation of knowledge base content, FAQs and training material
- Cross-functional collaboration to spearhead a tiered supplier program (supplier segmentation, rewards for each tier, and communication to suppliers)
- Partnership with CSR to develop a supplier diversity program to be managed on website
In addition, the co-op student will have the opportunity to experience committee meetings, vendor negotiations, and divisional meetings. They will also be exposed to all aspects of Marketing, including: design, production and legal compliance, along with the development and execution of sales-driving private label brand marketing programs.
The right candidate for this co-op is an excellent multi-tasker, highly organized and a self-starter who can keep a schedule and be aggressive with meeting deadlines and following a strict timeline. This is a great opportunity for a person with a Business, Food Marketing, or similar major to gain hands-on experience working with a highly successful company.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Must be enrolled in undergraduate or graduate program
- High-level creative thinking and the confidence to use it
- Proven work experience as a Content Creator, Copywriter or similar role – a plus
- Experience in creating supporting material – a plus (e.g. Adobe InDesign, eLearning material, Video Editing)
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint required. Knowledge of Lotus Notes a plus)
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and customer service skills with the ability to multitask and manage time effectively
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Ability to exhibit proper business etiquette when dealing with all levels of the organization
- Successful completion of a substance abuse test and background check required
- Valid driver’s license and flexibility with regard to travel required
- Previous work experience in a retail environment is beneficial
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Why are you interested in this opportunity?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place