Wakefern Food Corp. is the largest retailer-owned cooperative in the United States and supports its co-operative members’ retail operations, trading under the ShopRite®, Price Rite®, The Fresh Grocer®, Dearborn Markets®, and Gourmet Garage® banners.
Employing an innovative approach to wholesale business services, Wakefern focuses on helping the independent retailer compete in a big business world. Providing the tools entrepreneurs need to stay a step ahead of the competition, Wakefern’s co-operative members benefit from the company’s extensive portfolio of services, including innovative technology, private label development, and best-in-class procurement practices.
The Risk Management & Safety Department procures insurance for Wakefern and its Members and is also responsible for Corporate Safety. As part of this department, the Risk Management and Safety Intern will be responsible for supporting the General Liability and Workers Compensation claims processes in addition to managing Corporate Safety programs.
The intern will gain exposure to various facets of the Division through: Committee Meetings, claims negotiations, divisional meetings, and Member visits. Additional responsibilities will include job safety analysis, risk analyst projects, and other special projects as needed.
What you’ll do
- Insurance compliance initiatives, organization and analysis of claim records and assistance with safety processes.
- This individual will work closely with the risk specialist, claims management team and the wholesale/retail safety supervisors.
- The right candidate for this internship must have strong customer service and teamwork skills.
- They must possess the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to multi-task and resolve problems effectively and efficiently with excellent verbal/writing skills.
What we’re looking for
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have completed 24 college credits with a 3.0 cumulative GPA or better
- Will be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate school
- Successful completion of a substance abuse test is required Strong MS Office skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint required. Knowledge of Lotus Notes and Access a plus)
- Valid driver’s license and flexibility with regard to travel required Strong interpersonal, analytical and customer service skills with the ability to multitask and manage time effectively
- Excellent communication skills (written, oral and presentation)
- Ability to exhibit proper business etiquette when dealing with all levels of the organization
- Previous work experience in a retail environment is beneficial
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship
Pay: $15.00 – $16.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place