Wakefern Food Corp. is the largest retailer-owned cooperative in the United States and supports its co-operative members’ retail operations, trading under the ShopRite®, Price Rite®, The Fresh Grocer®, Dearborn Markets®, and Gourmet Garage® banners.
Employing an innovative approach to wholesale business services, Wakefern focuses on helping the independent retailer compete in a big business world. Providing the tools entrepreneurs need to stay a step ahead of the competition, Wakefern’s co-operative members benefit from the company’s extensive portfolio of services, including innovative technology, private label development, and best-in-class procurement practices.
This internship position is a great opportunity for a student majoring in Event Planning, Hospitality and Tourism Management, or another related field to gain experience planning and executing events of this magnitude.
In this position, the intern will be responsible for coordinating the NYC Wine & Food Festival for ShopRite. This individual will act as the show’s coordinator and be the liaison between Wakefern and the vendor community, show personnel, etc. This will include organizing lighting, booth designs, and negotiating contracts with vendors for sponsorship opportunities at the event. In addition, the Intern will assist in the development of marketing strategies as it pertains to communications, materials and signage.
This internship requires a very high-energy intern who can manage a project from beginning to end with a strong ability to multitask.
What you’ll do
- Schedule meetings with show planners and vendors, expo hall staff and Wakefern associates
- Develop agenda and co-lead project meetings
- Prepare regular written communications that keep Wakefern associates, ShopRite store associates and Division Management responsible for the show continuously updated
- Assist with the coordination of guest speakers and their needs · Assist with the management of vendor and Wakefern special requests
- Coordinate all show materials such as, binders, hotel confirmation sheets, direction postings, name badges, sign-in sheets and registrations
- Secure the payment for booths prior to the commencement of the show
What we’re looking for
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have completed 24 college credits with a 3.0 cumulative GPA or better
- Will be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate school
- Successful completion of a substance abuse test is required
- Valid driver’s license and flexibility with regard to travel required
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and customer service skills with the ability to multitask and manage time effectively in a remote environment
- Solid writing and grammar skills as well as excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented, able to work on multiple projects, meet tight deadlines, and operate in a team environment to accomplish goals
- Ability to exhibit proper business etiquette when dealing with all levels of the organization
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship
Pay: $15.00 – $16.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- If you were referred to apply please list by who here
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place