Design Technician – Indianapolis, IN
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding environment where you will work alongside the industry’s best and most talented? If so, you have found the perfect spot!
As a Design Technician at Walker, you will:
- Develop 3D models in Autodesk Revit
- Prepare project drawings and construction documents in Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD for both new design and restoration projects
- Coordinate drawings with both internal and external clients
- Assist in parking striping and signage layout
- Assist in shop drawing review
- Assist with field inspections and punch list visits
This is an entry-level position. If you are an ambitious and talented technician, we have a career growth opportunity for you. We will consider candidates who have:
- A 4-year degree (Civil Engineering Technology; Building Construction Technology; or similar)
- Structural experience is a plus
- Excellent computer skills
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
Benefits of Joining Walker
As a skilled member of the Walker family, you will be given the opportunity to grow and develop your skills surrounded by committed, talented and enthusiastic co-workers. In addition to competitive compensation, as a full-time employee, Walker offers vacation retreats, tuition, and licensure reimbursement, 401(k) match and HSA employer contribution, commuter benefit accounts, medical, dental, vision insurance, and more!
Who We Are
Walker is a 100% employee-owned company of many capabilities offering professional services to clients in the private and public market sectors. Walker maintains a strong foundation as an industry leader in all aspects of parking planning, design, engineering, restoration, and consulting that encompass operations, technology, and mobility solutions engaging a wide spectrum of specialists and renowned experts who have been advancing standards in the industry for several decades.
However, our abilities reach far beyond parking to include a large national staff of highly experienced advisors in forensics who provide investigative assessments, creative repair solutions, and litigation support on all types of facilities around the world impacted by natural events as well as design or construction defects.
Moreover, we are among the largest providers of restoration and building envelope services in the industry. The combination of our structural engineering design excellence, building science experts, and vast geographic presence makes Walker the first choice for these services throughout the country.
Walker Consultants is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We invite all qualified applicants to apply and do not discriminate against individuals because of their race, color, religion, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or age.