Want to use your innovative mindset to create a world class shopping experience for customers around the country? The Area Manager is a critical operational role within our distribution & fulfillment centers that thinks strategically and leads phenomenally to remove obstacles for their team, inspiring them to work with passion. As a change agent and process pro, you’ll be on the front lines of the ever-changing retail industry. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you’ll lead your team in fulfilling our customer promise and empowering people around the country to save more and live better.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You’re an innovator and problem solver with an entrepreneurial spirit
- You have a great eye for process flow and can spot bumps in the road
- You’re organized, disciplined and can manage competing priorities
- You’re a master at making complex processes easily understood and executed by a team
- You’re familiar with the ins and outs of fulfillment center operations
- You know how to make a team feel like a family and integrate play into work
- You have high standards, lead by example and can hold a team accountable
- You’re invigorated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale
You’ll make an impact by:
- Developing, engaging and inspiring a world class team
- Innovating the Supply Chain industry and executing on our Customer Promise
- Living like an entrepreneur – running your business with precision and passion
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Your schedule will be:
Fulfillment and Distribution Centers operate 24/7 and business needs change seasonally. Your schedule requirements will be assigned but will align with business needs.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 260 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you’ll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.