What you’ll do
Are you ready for a transformational experience that positions you to solve the industry’s most complex problems with the world’s largest retailer? The MBA Operational Leadership Development Intern program is an extraordinary opportunity to see behind the scenes of a Fortune 1 Supply Chain strategy – from operations to finance and everything in between. As a valued building leader, you’ll motivate a diverse team on the front lines of the ever-changing eCommerce industry and learn from experts in the industry during our Executive Speaker Series. Reporting to facility leadership, you’ll hone your associate-first leadership skills and make a lasting impact on the people and processes that fulfill our Customer Promise every day. At the end of the internship there will be a potential opportunity to graduate into our full-time MBA Operational Leadership Development program, which is a two-year curated program designed to accelerate your development
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You’re a people person and are energized to lead a large team to reach their potential every day
- You’re kind, courteous, and connect with people at all levels and from all backgrounds
- You’re hands-on; unafraid to jump in and get down to work
- You’re curious by nature and want to understand a process from beginning to end, top to bottom, nuts to bolts, you get the idea…
- You want to reimagine the industry and can spot opportunities to teach those around you
- You know who you are and support your team with authenticity
- You’re familiar enough with the ins and outs of fulfillment center operations to ask your own questions
- You’ve had experience as a servant leader with a professional team, school group, or extra-curricular club
- You’ve had experience juggling – school, work, family commitments, volunteering, or anything else that’s important to you – and can consistently manage those conflicting priorities
- You’re in your first year of an MBA program, ideally with a Supply Chain focus
- You’re invigorated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale
You’ll make an impact by:
- Inspiring your team with epic start up meetings
- Optimizing the building schedule by making strategic staffing decisions
- Removing friction points in the associate experience or daily routine
- Identifying the root cause of a facility safety incident
- Leading an entire shift, working as trusted teacher and chief cheerleader
- Analyzing data to identify loss and problem solving to remove or minimize the loss
- Delivering project results that could change processes for the building, the network, and even the company
- The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you’ll also receive a comprehensive relocation package and the opportunity to travel to internship events.
- Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing a Master in Business Administration and in the 1st half of the program.
- 1 year’s Microsoft Office experience.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Mathematics, or other area of focus relevant to the Supply Chain industry.