WARC is expanding its content team in the US, adding a full-time Associate US Editor. This newly-created position gives a highly-motivated candidate an opportunity to make the role their own. The role will work with the US Commissioning Editor to identify, commission and edit quality thought leadership content in marketing for publication on WARC’s online platform. New York location preferred, but work will likely be hybrid with some in-office and some remote. Strong editing and writing skills are a must. The ideal candidate would have three to five years’ experience in marketing, advertising or related fields, or in B2B journalism that focuses on some aspect of the marketing ecosystem.
When applying for this role, we encourage you to include long-form business writing samples along with your CV.
- Looking for US/Americas industry experts to write articles on specific topics as identified by the WARC team, seeing them through editing and publication.
- Identifying other US/Americas topics that need coverage.
- Assisting with special editorial projects, including the Spotlight series, WARC Guide and Marketer’s Toolkit.
- Helping develop potential new content formats.
- Writing occasional analysis and news articles.
- Recasting existing WARC content from a US perspective.
- Identifying third-party reports and research for possible publication on WARC.
- Coordinating with the events reporting team on relevant category coverage.
- Building a network of contacts and contributors in priority categories.
- Looking for potential data partnerships addressing key categories.
- Minimum of BA, BS degree or higher.
- Three to five years’ experience in advertising, marketing or related fields, or in B2B journalism that focuses on some aspect of the marketing ecosystem.
- Strong editing and writing skills a must.
- Ability to identify current and emerging industry trends.
- Interest in building on, or developing, a strong network of advertising and marketing industry experts.
- Team player, able to work across geographies, cultures and time zones.
- Flexible performer, comfortable with handling multiple deadlines and projects simultaneously.
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 15 days of holiday per year and an extra day for each year of service up to 20 days
- 401K – Saving Incentive plan
- Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vision benefits
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Life Assurance and Disability insurance
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme