WSDOT is looking for an energetic and motivated individual to take on fiscal and administrative tasks at the Maintenance Office located in Bellingham, WA. In this role, you will work as part of a team to provide daily assistance to the public and staff members at the site while answering and directing telephone calls and performing daily office duties. The Fiscal Technician will be responsible for accounting, payroll, and inventory for the Area Maintenance office as well as provide assistance to the Maintenance and Operations Superintendent and Fiscal Specialist Supervisor with administrative support. You will certainly thrive in this position if you have experience in customer service, knowledge of purchasing and payment reconciliation, and possess strong attention to detail.
What to Expect
Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, you will:
- Verify coding, items purchased, sales tax, and receiving signatures.
- Prepare invoices for processing via TRAINS Payment Vouchering System and Purchasing Card Management System.
- Review employee’s timecard entries, and assist employees and supervisors with clearing exception errors, coding errors, and leave requests. Process daily labor for Maintenance employees and track leave usage and overtime.
- Run payroll reports and review for accuracy, resolve errors before cutoff deadlines.
- Review, audit, and verify invoices for accuracy and compliance with department policies and procedures.
- Coordinate four (4) rest area coffee stops and rest area activity permits and Manage the Adopt a Highway Program.
- Update and maintain office records, personnel records, correspondence, files, and call out lists.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Administrative office support.
- Issue permits and permit reports.
To be considered for this opportunity, the following are required:
- High school graduation or GED equivalency.
- Three (2) years of general office experience.
- Ability to perform clerical, secretarial, fiscal, and accounting functions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with supervisor, other employees, the public, and other agencies.
- Ability to operated computers, copy machines, telephones, and general office equipment.
- Attention to detail with the ability to work in an environment with tight deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).