What to Expect
Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, the Project Inspector will:
- Inspect and direct the inspection of construction projects to ensure compliance with contract plans and specifications including environmental permits.
- Prepare calculations and notes to support and initiate payment to the contractor for completed work.
- Prepares field reports and takes and electronically files photographs documenting construction activities and issues.
- Provide clarifications of contract requirements to the contractor and subcontractors, and answer questions.
- Perform material sampling/testing related to inspection duties when needed.
To be considered for this opportunity, the following are required:
- One year of experience as a Transportation Engineer 1, Transportation Technician 3, Bridge Engineer 1 or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to read, interpret, understand, and review contract plans and specifications.
- Strong communications skills both written and verbal with internal staff, outside agencies, the public, and contractors.
- Ability to become a WSDOT Certified Inspector.
- Able to follow safety policies and regulations while performing job duties.
- Willing and able to traverse uneven terrain in all weather conditions, climb ladders, and lift and carry up to 35 lbs. with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Able to work overtime including evenings, nights, and weekends as needed.
- Able to work night shift for at least 6 months or more.