WSDOT is currently seeking a Transportation Technician to perform skilled technical work in support of activities of highway construction projects in Everett, WA. As the Transportation Technician you will perform material sampling and testing, record findings and interprets tests results. In addition, you will assist with construction inspection and contract administration tasks. In this high impact role, you will be working in varied environments, such as out in the field, in an office atmosphere, and in the laboratory. This is a fantastic entry-level opportunity that allows you to progress through the Transportation Technician field.
What to Expect
Among the varied range of responsibilities held within this role, the Transportation Technician will:
- Collect material samples on various job sites; drive and deliver samples and equipment.
- Perform a vast array of materials testing of both in-place and collected samples, days, nights, or weekends.
- Record, interpret, and document material sampling and testing results.
- Collaborate with materials engineer with documentation and review.
- Oversee contractor submittals and test reports.
- Draft related letters and reports; calculate quantities and estimate costs.
- Collaborate in inspection of contract work.
- Collaborate with materials engineering team to ensure all materials are sampled and tested in accordance with contract requirements.
- Clean, maintain, and calibrate testing equipment.