Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Bloomberg and TechCrunch, and here.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA and currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (6x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $400M+ in funding to date from leading investors including DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
Business Operations Intern
About the role
We’re bringing on a Business Operations Intern as a part of our Operations and Strategy team to help us execute on key operational initiatives by analyzing their impact through data, and driving cost, speed and flexibility improvements in a sustainable way across our business.
You will have the opportunity to work on some of the highest-impact projects in the organization and learn about how various parts of the business come together.
You can expect to work on projects such as the following:
- Research innovative technologies that help our operations be more efficient, ranging from equipment that helps with packaging produce to warehouse automation
- Help with the rollout of operations in new market launches across the nation
- Conduct analyses on our new ecommerce business to help shape our product assortment, and reduce operational costs
- Conduct competitive analysis and customer research to ensure that we are providing the best experience for our customers
- Building out dashboards to gauge where we’re over- and under-performing, then executing on action plans for how to address the problem areas you’ve uncovered
- Monitor operational performance through development and maintenance of KPIs and dashboards across Cost, Quality and Service, and surface insights to stay ahead of opportunities
- Enthusiastic and adaptable: you are excited to work in an early-stage, high-growth, operationally complex technology start-up
- Project execution: you enjoy bringing things to life from start to finish and are self-motivated to get things done
- Cross-functional collaborator: you enjoy collaborating with colleagues who have relevant expertise outside operations to ensure we’re building the best processes possible
- Natural problem solver: you love identifying problems and opportunities and solving them in a creative way
- Comfortable working in white space: you thrive working in an environment where you don’t have all the answers and need to create structure without a set roadmap