Weee! is the largest and fastest-growing ethnic e-grocer in the United States, operating in one of the largest underserved categories in retail with affordable access to exciting ethnic food. By partnering with local suppliers, redesigning the value chain and leveraging social buying, Weee! is reshaping the grocery business entirely. You can read more about us on Bloomberg and TechCrunch, and here.
Weee! is headquartered in Fremont, CA and currently available coast to coast with exceptional growth (6x YoY) across geographies, categories and ethnicities. We have raised $400M+ in funding to date from leading investors including DST, Blackstone, Tiger Global, Lightspeed Ventures, Goodwater Capital, XVC and iFly. The opportunity now is to join a rocketship as we prepare for the next stage of growth, and an eventual public listing.
About the role
If you miss the food in your hometown and want to source and share them as your future job, Weee! is the place for your foodie aspirations. You will be a gourmet expert here and a key part of surprising and delighting our customers. You like to be agile and develop a product suite while proactively pursuing new opportunities for us. By ensuring competitive prices and actively analyzing trends in the Asian American market (Chinese Market), you create a “win-win” business plan for both Weee! and our customers.
- Identify ethnic group customer preferences and forecast customer trends
- Source for exciting produce, snacks, and food products that our customers will love
- Own the sales and gross profit margins of your categories
- Evaluate suppliers’ options, negotiate, and determine the best choices;
- Maintain trusting and strong relationships with suppliers
- Develop and implement strategic direction for multiple categories
- Support cross-channel and company initiatives to achieve global strategic multi-channel plans as we continue to expand
- You are an absolute foodie and you are always on your radar for new and exciting products(groceries, snacks, deli, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with market research, data analysis and forecasting techniques
- Experience developing strong business relationships with vendors and industry leaders
- Bilingual in English and Chinese preferred