Weeks Marine, Inc. (WMI) is looking for a Human Resource Generalist to partner with our Human Capital team to assist with executing programs aligned with our values and organizational goals. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, loves to learn, can get things done, and embraces challenges to solve complex problems.
Essential Job Functions
· Focus on EEO Employee Relations and Compliance
· Coordinate compliance efforts with all country, state and local laws
· Contract Representation for Affirmative Action, EEO and DE&I inquires
· Facilitate EEO investigations and trend data across organization to suggest programs to resolve conflicts and improve the workplace
· Gatekeeper for D&A and Physicals including Vendor Management
· Manage FMLA and ADA
· Support and coordinate Employee Engagement, Onboarding and Performance Management Programs with Cor and Division HR, IT, Talent and L&D
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in Education, Human Resources, Business or related field required.
· 3+ years’ experience in Human Resources with familiarity with Compliance and HCM programs.
· Proven experience establishing networks and building alliances that promote cross-functional collaboration.
· Ability to work a 40-hour work week, M-F, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., additional hours as needed
· This position requires fluent use of the verbal and written English language
· Ability to remain in seated stationary position for long periods of time
· Ability to navigate around office to use equipment as needed
· Light lifting (Up to 20 lbs.) as needed
· Able to travel when required
This Job Description does not cover all of the required duties, activities, functions and responsibilities of the position, any of which may change at any time according to the sole and absolute discretion of Weeks Marine, Inc., with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Weeks Marine, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination, hostility, harassment, and retaliation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1919, the family-owned Weeks Marine, Inc. (“Weeks”) remains one of the largest marine, dredging, and tunneling contractors in North America. A proven leader in the maritime construction industry, Weeks has successfully completed projects throughout North and South America, the Caribbean, and the Pacific.
Our company has three key divisions—Construction, Dredging, and Marine Services—which are bolstered by three major subsidiaries, Healy Tibbitts Builders, Inc., McNally International, Inc., and North American Aggregates, LLC. Our vast reach and deep expertise, combined with the sheer size and diversity of our equipment fleet, enable us to serve as a one-stop-shop for clients in both the private and governmental sectors.