Position Summary: A Child Support Professional works as part of a team in coordinating the daily operations of the Community Residence Program and ultimately ensures the safety of the youth served.
1. General supervision of youth during shift. All youth must be in eyesight of all staff at all times.
2. Provide hand-off communication with other staff members any time a youth enters or leaves an area of eyesight vision.
3. Primary Counselor for 2-3 youth.
4. Complete Goal Review Updates bi-weekly for primary youth as assigned.
5. Contacting assigned youth’s families multiple times per week.
6. Complete various reports as assigned.
7. Daily entries in general log.
8. Transportation of youth in agency and/or personal vehicle. Accompany, supervise and provide transportation (when necessary) for appointments, home visits and activities.
9. Involvement in change of shift meeting and house youth meeting.
10. Attendance at all in-service trainings and OMH trainings.
11. Attendance at 75% staff meetings annually (9 of 12 staff meeting) and playing an active role in bringing up staff issues and youth concerns.
12. Medication management and appropriate documentation.
13. Implementation of service plan goals and objectives, assisting youth in learning appropriate daily living skills, and assistance in all activities (i.e. meal preparations, housekeeping, and recreational activities, etc).
14. Emergency coverage as needed (i.e. staff shortage on shift, crisis CPEP visits after scheduled hours).
15. Ensure proper change of shift (i.e. not leaving until the next shift arrives).
22. Responsible for maintaining (or having access to) a personal vehicle throughout the course of the work day.
25. Other duties as assigned.
Associates degree in social work or related field. Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred or a high school diploma and a minimum of two years’ experience in a mental health or related setting.
Valid and clean NYS driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Positions available in Setauket and Dix Hills.
HOURS: Dix Hills – Saturday – Tuesday 12am – 8am
Saturday and Sunday 8am- 4pm
Setauket – Saturday and Sunday 8am – 4pm