WellSpan is part of the National Council on Administrative Fellowships. Applicants are required to submit their application materials through NAFCAS (https://nafcas.liaisoncas.com). The deadline to apply is October 1st, 2021.
The WellSpan Health Administrative Fellowship Program is a 24-month post-graduate program designed to grow and develop the next generation of healthcare leaders. As a fellow, you will have the opportunity to complete meaningful system-wide projects and the opportunity to clarify career goals while developing and enhancing a personal management philosophy. All fellows will work under the guidance of a preceptor and program executive sponsor. As a result of the high visibility of the position, opportunities during the fellowship and positions to consider post-fellowship span the entire health system. The Administrative Fellowship will begin in June 2022. For more information about our Administrative Fellowship, please visit https://www.wellspan.org/medical-professionals/education-programs/wellspan-administrative-fellowship/
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develops an understanding of the organization’s mission, administrative structure, the operation and interrelationship of major units within the organization, and the means through which the organization carries out the following functions: planning, human resource management, marketing, community, and information management, financial management and resource allocation, and risk management.
2. Works closely with a mentor(s) to acquire an in-depth understanding of attitudes and beliefs concerning the quality of patient care, strategic thinking, operations management, interpersonal skills, professional socialization, analysis of political processes, community relationships, and ethical issues.
3. Performs studies for the organization such as market analyses, evaluation of an operation, strategic planning activities, and gather financial and statistical data within the institution.
4. Performs projects as assigned such as program development, project management, personnel management, marketing/planning, financial reports, performance improvement initiatives, and formal presentations to senior leaders and board members.
5. Attends meetings internal to the organization such as department steering committees, capital infrastructure, performance council, operations leadership team, service line management, quality assurance, board of trustees, executive committee, finance committee, medical staff, infection control, information management, administrative staff, and long-range planning committees.
- Minimum Education: Only considering applicants that are graduating in the Spring of 2022 with a degree in MHA, MSHA, MBA or MPH, CAHME and CEPH accredited program preferred.
- Consideration will also be given to candidates from comparable graduate degree programs with professional experience in healthcare.
- The candidate should be a detail orientated, highly motivated individual who is passionate about contributing to a large health system in the areas of healthcare informatics, population health, care innovation, or health equity.
Minimum Experience 3 – 6 months
Physical Demands Mostly sedentary work
Working Conditions Subject to many interruptions
Occasionally subjected to irregular hours
Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries
Applicants are required to submit their application materials through NAFCAS (https://nafcas.liaisoncas.com). The deadline to apply is October 1st, 2021.
- Cover letter
- Three letters of recommendation (1) ACADEMIC, (1) PROFESSIONAL, and (1) OTHER (academic, professional, or letter from your program director
- Personal statement
- Official graduate transcript
- Short-Answer Questions: What does “Working as One” mean to you? What are the three most important qualities that today’s healthcare leaders should possess and why? Briefly describe your ideal mentor.
- All candidates must also complete a WellSpan application screening. Once the NAFCAS application is submitted, you will receive a link on where to complete this portion.
Your application will be considered complete once we receive your NAFCAS submission and WellSpan application screening. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: The WellSpan Health Administrative Fellowship program is not currently able to sponsor visas
WellSpan Health is an integrated health system that serves the communities of central Pennsylvania and northern Maryland. Every day across central Pennsylvania, the people of WellSpan Health work together to support this non-profit mission of service—one patient, one community, one unique health care need at a time. A clinically integrated network comprised of a multi-specialty medical group of approximately 2,600 physicians and advanced practice providers (APPs), including more than 1,600 employed physicians and APP, a home care organization, eight respected hospitals, more than 20,000 employees, and over 200 patient care locations. The region’s only accredited Level 1 Trauma Center and Primary Stroke Center with an endovascular neurosurgery program. We also collaborate with community leaders, area residents and other health care providers to make sure that inpatient, outpatient, home health and physician services are located where they can do the best for our neighbors. Focusing on the health of the community has inspired us to transform the way we work. WellSpan Health is proud to be recognized in the Forbes’ list of the 100 best employers in Pennsylvania, with the health system ranking No. 24 in 2020.
WellSpan Health facilities are in multiple counties across south-central Pennsylvania and northern Maryland, all offering an ideal living environment to match the quality of work-life balance you’re seeking. The area offers abundant outdoor and cultural activities, including restaurants, theatre, golf courses, hiking trails, water sports, and historic tours. Additionally, our communities are a short drive from several, large metropolitan areas including the Baltimore/DC metro area and Philadelphia. You can read more about our community here https://www.joinwellspan.org/about-us/.
WellSpan Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy and intention of the System to maintain consistent and equal treatment toward applicants and employees of all job classifications without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, culture, language, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.