Help to fulfill the summer of a lifetime!
Do you want to gain incredible experiences while challenging yourself in all kinds of ways? Being a WCC Program Director gives you the once in a lifetime opportunity to do just that while giving youth the best summer of their lives and visiting bucket-list destinations!
What is Westcoast Connection?
We are an international student travel company dedicated to fostering incredible summer experiences to middle-school and high school age students. We offer all kinds of programs from active tours, adventure, pre-college enrichment, language immersion, and community service in many countries all around the world.
Check us out at www.westcoastconnection.com
Program Director Position
The Westcoast Connection summer leadership team is made up of unique individuals who place safety first and are skilled in creating a fun, dynamic and inclusive environment!
Program Directors have the highest level of responsibility while their program is in progress. PDs, as we call them, are responsible for overseeing every aspect of the trip including, but not limited to, the health and safety of all participants, the enjoyment of each and every trip member and the execution of the itinerary as planned and outlined by WCC. PDs are responsible for managing a staff team with whom they coach, supervise, and provide on-going feedback to. PDs serve as a representative of WCC on the road and act as our liaison to suppliers, outfitters and vendors. PDs are also responsible for regular communication with parents, company supervisors and the summer communication center.
What kind of qualifications do we look for?
· Minimum age of 23
· Availability to attend our required training weekends (April 30 – May 2 & June 4 – 6)
· Experience working with Westcoast Connection or similar team-based experience
· Experience managing and/or coaching, mentoring and building a strong, cohesive staff team
· Ability to manage a budget and account for funds
· Experience working with teenagers
· Exceptional leadership skills
· Excellent people skills and a friendly, responsible, service-oriented attitude
· Strong communication and teamwork abilities
· Ability to create, coordinate and implement various programs and activities
· Mature, responsible, positive, polite and true role model
· Self-starter, high energy, above and beyond work ethic
· Certified in First Aid/CPR
Special consideration will be given to candidates who possess the following additional skills:
· Summer camp experience
· Experience in an educational setting
· International Travel experience
· Post-Secondary education (or in process of completing)
· Fluency in Spanish
Duration of Employment: 2-6 weeks (depending on contract), June – August
Trip expenses are paid for.
Due to the current pandemic, we have developed COVID-19 protocols in consultation with the CDC and the local health authorities.
For more information, check out our website at: https://www.westcoastconnection.com/know-before-you-go/covid-19-protocols/
Westcoast Connection is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a safe, supportive, and inclusive environment for our participants, leaders, and staff, regardless of their race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.