Tool Inspector/ Calibration Technician
Whippany Actuation Systems is a dynamic aerospace company that designs and manufactures electromechanical actuators and control electronics for commercial and military applications. Recognized as experts in our industry for over 70 years, we are a fully integrated manufacturing company which takes responsibility for the success of our business and acts quickly to implement new ideas and projects to ensure company growth.
We are looking for a detail orientated individual to perform calibrations and maintain inventory control of calibrated tools and gauges. In this role you will also coordinate calibration with external service providers.
In this role, you would typically:
- Stock, label, store, and account for over 10,000 calibrated tools and gauges.
- Check and calibrate machine shop tools and equipment upon request.
- Issue tool and gauges against tool sign out sheet. Enters signed out tools and gauges into database. Maintains TIPQA database of calibrated tools.
- Ready calibrated tools and gauges to accompany outsourced jobs.
- Make minor tool repairs and lap gauges when necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years’ related calibration experience which includes utilization of microscopes and micrometer.
- Proficiency reading, interpreting, and understanding schematics and blueprints.
- Demonstrated ability to use equipment related to mechanical, thermodynamic, mass, torque, pressure, and force calibration.
- You to be authorized to work in the US.
We would really like to see:
- Previous inventory maintenance and control experience a plus
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Ability to bend, stoop and twist
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands and fingers – gross and fine dexterity
- Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting.
- Requires wearing common protective or safety equipment.
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website @ www.whipactsys.com/careers
Whippany Actuation Systems is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Individuals who have a disability and would like to request an accommodation with regard to the application and selection process (i.e. the online application or interviews) or have questions regarding our website accessibility, may call 973-560-6662.