Position Title: Human Resources Intern
Location: Bronx Zoo
Job Type: Unpaid Internship
Department: Human Resources
About Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS):
WCS stands for wildlife and wild places. As the world’s premier wildlife conservation organization, WCS has a long track record of achieving innovative, impactful results at scale. We build on a unique foundation: Our reach is global; we discover through best-in-class science; we protect through work on the ground with local and indigenous people; we inspire through our world-class zoos, aquarium, and education programs; and we leverage our resources through partnerships and powerful policy influence.
You are a forward-thinking student looking to build a career in human resources. Under the guidance and direction of an experienced HR manager, you will have the opportunity and be selected to work with one or more HR teams including:
· Learning and Talent Management
· Global HR
· HR Systems and Operations
· Office of Part Time and Temporary Employment
· HR Business Partners
· Compensation and Benefits
In these teams, you’ll work on projects that contribute to the execution of a global talent strategy. Through meaningful assignments and regular feedback and coaching, you’ll develop skills and knowledge relevant for an emerging HR professional.
This is an unpaid internship for academic credit. Internship opportunities are available in the fall (September – December), winter/spring (January – April/May), and summer (May/June – August) semesters. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. In your cover letter, please indicate which semester you are applying for, and confirm that you can receive academic credit for this internship during that semester.
As a Human Resources Intern, your projects may include but not be limited to:
· Compiling and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data utilizing Microsoft Excel (e.g., workforce demographic data, employee survey results, learning metrics, benefits data, or performance management data)
· Assisting with the implementation of new HR initiatives (e.g., benefit programs; HR operations projects; diversity, equity, & inclusion efforts; performance management; etc.)
· Supporting workshops, focus groups, and other employee events by preparing and collating materials
· Researching and reporting on best practices in human resources, talent management, learning and development, employee benefits, workplace policies, employee experience, or other areas
· Supporting projects that contribute to efficient and effective management of human resources operations and information systems, including validating data, organizing materials, and measuring outcomes
· Participating in group discussions, utilizing knowledge from coursework
· Documenting the notes and action items from meetings to support the implementation of HR programs
As a Human Resources Intern, you will have ample learning experiences, including an orientation program, regular professional development sessions, shadowing opportunities, and regular feedback and coaching. You will be expected to summarize the learning gained during your internship and complete other paperwork required to obtain academic credit.
Former interns have taken positions in various organizations, including Wildlife Conservation Society, PepsiCo, Danone North America, Horizon Media, Albéa, United Nations, and TransPerfect.
· Enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program in human capital management, HR management, data analysis, business administration, I/O psychology, or a related field
· Able to receive academic credit for this internship
· Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
· Interest in human resources, talent management, learning and development, human resources information systems, human resources operations, and/or employee benefits
· Solid Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
· Data analysis & interpretation
· Interest in working for a global conservation non-profit
Workplace Conditions and Environment:
· This internship will work remotely
Apply today at https://www.wcs.org/about-us/careers.