Wildlife World Zoo, Aquarium and Safari Park Sea Lion Internship Opportunity
Litchfield Park, Arizona
Application Deadline November 14th, 2021 for the spring internship
Wildlife World Zoo, Aquarium and Safari Park is seeking sea lion department interns for January through May 2022. Dates may be flexible depending on intern availability. Interns will be immersed in everyday happenings with our sea lion staff.
· Interns will commit to a regular schedule of at least 3 days per week for at least 16 consecutive weeks.
· Internship is unpaid and interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
· If interns are seeking credit through school/university interns will be required to contact their school and/or professor and complete any necessary paperwork prior to internship start date.
· Read intern handbook, take quizzes and participate in lessons
· Learn daily roles, such as fish preparation and life support maintenance, assist with chores and cleaning of fish kitchen
· Dive pools for maintenance and cleaning after mandatory check-out dive
· Learn the show script and progress to hosting shows
· Assist with public sea lion programs
· Observe training sessions with California Sea Lions and participate in training discussions
· Learn operant conditioning techniques through conducting supervised training sessions
· Age 18 years or older
· High School Diploma GED
· SCUBA certification preferred
· Proof of citizenship, valid Green Card or student/work visa
· Ability to secure housing and transportation
· Willingness to follow the policies and procedures of Wildlife World Zoo, Aquarium and Safari Park
How to Apply for an internship:
· Email resume, cover letter and a letter of recommendation to email@example.com
· Selected interns may be asked to participate in an interview
· Interns will be selected and notified of whether or not they have been chosen
Interns should expect to hear from Intern Supervisor: Ashland Campbell