At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
The Assistant Editor will work with authors, technical staff, sales, and marketing staff to develop and manage scientific workflow databases for use in demanding research laboratory and applied field environments.
How you will make an impact:
- Understand and report on progress with new and ongoing initiatives in Open Research and other strategic projects
- Organize external meetings with key stakeholders and prepare relevant materials to run the meetings effectively
- Actively interface with colleagues in production, marketing, operations, finance, etc to project manage titles under their remit.
- The Assistant Editor will work independently and as a member of small, agile, geographically diverse teams.
- Diverse tasks and projects to help develop products for use in advanced technology environments.
We are looking for people who:
- BSc or equivalent in molecular sciences (life science, chemistry), analytical chemistry, or related fields. Minor in mathematics or statistics is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in molecular sciences and spectroscopy is preferred, but not required.
- Some skills or experience with Java, scripting (Perl, Python, or PHP) would be a plus
- Results oriented, with a desire to learn, innovate, and create important products that can have a direct impact on people’s lives.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Work experience or demonstrable project portfolio
- Good written and verbal communication in English. German would be a plus.
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants and treat all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
When applying, please attach your resume/CV to be considered.