Location: United States-Remote
At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
This is an opportunity for a driven, enthusiastic and organized professional to join the Cell and Molecular Biology publishing program as Associate Development Editor, Open Access/Content Development and play a critical role in the work that Wiley does.
As Associate Development Editor, you will be responsible for delivery of two complementary but distinct roles: 1. helping to grow CMB’s Open Access publishing program by spearheading growth strategies for a new gold OA launch and other 3-4 other OA journals 2. supporting content development for society journals in the biochemistry and cell biology space.
Wiley’s Open Access journals program is crucial to the company’s success. The position will involve direct contact with authors to solicit submissions, as well as envisioning new growth strategies and journal management oversight. Communication with scholars and other external partners is critical, plus inter- and intradepartmental communication and collaboration. Specific responsibilities may include conducting project-based research, identifying content for social media campaigns, and support of strategic planning and new business development.
How you will make an impact:
- The Associate Development Editor will also be responsible for the implementation of the editorial strategy crafted in collaboration with the Journal Editors and she or he will oversee the day-to-day editorial processes, including content commissioning and content development, while setting and maintaining high editorial standards and exemplary author experience. To develop the journals, the Associate Development Editor will work closely and maintain regular communication with external editors and editorial boards, as well as with internal colleagues in Content Development, Marketing, Digital Development, and other teams. Additionally, the Associate Development Editor will write frontmatter and other features to promote the journals in the scientific community.
- As a publishing and subject expert, she or he will proactively identify or create opportunities to improve the journals’ competitive position and to enable them to capture more leading research. The Associate Development Editor will be expected to build an extensive network of researchers, and regularly travel to conferences, meetings, institutions, and labs to promote the journals and elevate their position in the scientific community — and to help our Society partners reach their goals.
We are looking for people who:
PhD or MA/MS in biological or biomedical sciences is required
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills. Ability to prioritize multiple projects and manage time independently is essential, and attention to deadlines and schedules critical
- Experience in scholarly publishing; experience in STM setting is a plus
- Knowledge of editorial processes and peer review
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including presentation, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Good networking skills, business acumen, and client focus
- Problem-solving, positive and proactive attitude.
Wiley is a Microsoft Office 365-based workplace and provides training opportunities at all levels.
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants and treat all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
When applying, please attach your res