Location: Hoboken, NJ
At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It is in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
Wiley is a diverse, global organization and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Do you a passion for making a difference through education? Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment and a variety of responsibilities? If so, we are looking for an Editorial Assistant in our Hoboken office to support two acquisitions editors who specialize in STEM disciplines. You will help facilitate the publishing process from start to finish, communicating with authors and contributors, scheduling and participating in team meetings and working closely with other departments, including Production, Marketing, Creative Services, Product Data Management and generally serving as your team’s first point of contact across the business.
You will ensure information in Wiley’s systems is accurate and up to date, manage a range of administrative tasks, including soliciting proposal or manuscript reviews, sending, and tracking contracts and facilitating the cover design and copywriting process. Most importantly, you will help provide a positive experience for our authors from signature of contract through to publication by helping ensure efficient workflows in-house and providing excellent customer service. Representing Wiley, you will have the opportunity to attend conferences each year where you will help build relationships with our customers and authors face-to-face.
How you will make an impact:
- Manage communication, scheduling, team meetings, service for the entire process with Authors and contributors.
- Work cross-functionally across Wiley’s business units to ensure data accuracy, follow up.
- Provide a positive experience for Authors from proposal, manuscript review, contracting, cover design, copywriting steps.
- Attend annual conferences to build relationships with customers and authors in person.
We are looking for people who:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience in a support role, preferably in a related industry.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, able to shift focus quickly.
- Strong attention to detail, especially for entering, updating, and maintaining accurate data in our systems.
- Polished communication skills, ability to build relationships and credibility quickly.
- Ability to develop a proficiency with our systems, authoring tools, Office 365 suite, Google docs.
- Creative problem solver.
- Ability to travel 2 weeks a year
This team has a work-from-home policy that allows employees to work remotely one day per week. The office is currently closed, and everyone is working from home during COVID pandemic.
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company’s headquarters are in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants and treat all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.