We hope you’re interested in building a home with us. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every requirement listed in this job description, we still encourage you to apply.
About the Site Merchandising Team
We’re responsible for delivering a superior site experience for the customer by using data and customer insights to deliver easy, inspiring product discovery and helpful, intuitive, content-rich product pages.
Overview of the Assistant Website Merchandiser role
You will execute the site strategy for the brand website while working closely with cross-functional partners across the brand.
- Review and execute eCommerce Merchandising goals and strategies to achieve sales and gross margin goals
- Implement integration and merchandising of key product areas throughout the website
- Perform regular site tests as well as audits to ensure the correct presentation and product accuracy in key areas
- Partner with Inventory and Merchandising to execute seasonal deliverables
- Maintain the web product presentation throughout the product lifecycle
- Recommend enhancements to site merchandising features and capabilities
- Review catalog photography to determine if additional assets are needed
- Perform and maintain competitive website analysis, keep abreast of market trends and eCommerce trends to support the short and long-term strategies
- Operate a computer and communicate via telephone
- Transport materials and equipment and lift, move and carry objects up to 50 pounds on a limited basis
- Other projects as assigned
- Bachelors Degree required
- 1-year+ previous eCommerce, retail, or catalog experience
- Visual display or website merchandising experience preferred
- Strong affinity for the product and brand
- Data management, product information management, and/or retail analysis experience preferred
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, fast pace and a changing environment
- Experience in creating PowerPoint presentations
- Intermediate Excel skills (working knowledge with pivot tables and v-lookups)
- Ability to perform work onsite in the San Francisco office full-time pending state, local, and Company return-to-work guidance during and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
We believe in People First
We firmly believe that working in a culture focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion spurs innovation, creates healthy and high-performing teams, and delivers superior customer experiences. Our DEI initiatives prompt associate participation and engagement, aligning with our core vision to reflect the communities where we do business and put people first.
Benefits Just for You
Depending on your position and your location, here are a few highlights of what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brands
- A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
Your Journey in Continued Learning
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Resources for self-development
- Advisor (Mentor) program
- Career development workshops and learning programs
- Speaker series
WSI will not commence an immigration case or “sponsor” an individual for this position at this time (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration).
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.