As part of the Wilshire family, you can rest assured that every day you are contributing to an organization that is helping millions of people around the world make better investment decisions for a more secure future. Our solutions-based approach supported by a strong commitment to research remains the cornerstone of what keeps us at the leading edge of modern quantitative finance. For nearly 50 years, our clients have trusted Wilshire to transform complex theory into practical investment applications.
Wilshire’s alternatives team advises on more than $20 billion of assets across investment types, strategies and geographies. We have a global perspective on the alternatives market with worldwide research capabilities and a major international client base. Both global and regional mandates are structured to meet client investment objectives. Today there are approximately 45 professionals in alternatives team working in four locations: Santa Monica (Western US), Pittsburgh (Eastern US), Amsterdam (Europe), and Hong Kong (Asia/Pacific).
The alternatives team is comprised of the research group and client solutions group. We are seeking an analyst for the client solutions group; however, this is a dual-focused role that will spend time on both client solutions as well as alternatives research. The role will be approximately 60% focused on client solutions and approximately 40% focused on alternatives research; however, this time allocation is dynamic and will change from quarter to quarter.
What you’ll do:
Wilshire is seeking to recruit a client solutions professional that will support the alternatives team with all client-related initiatives. The client solutions professional will work across both discretionary and advisory clients. Specific responsibilities include assisting with monitoring existing client portfolios, creating presentation materials for clients, performing various quantitative analyses (e.g. portfolio pacing), supporting new client solutions ideas and numerous ad-hoc client-related requests. While client solutions is the primary focus for this role, there will also be a substantial portion of this role that will be focused on being an active member of the alternatives research team. The research responsibilities include evaluating private markets investment opportunities (private equity, private credit, real assets) primarily in North America. Familiarity with marketable alternatives (liquid alternatives, hedge funds) is a plus but not required. In particular, the individual will participate as an active member of 3-4 person deal teams that evaluate each investment opportunity. Investment opportunities include both fund (i.e. primaries) and transactions (i.e. co-investments and secondaries).
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Foundational understanding of the private markets industry
- Excellent analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative)
- Strong business and investment acumen
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel and PPT)
- Interest in both client solutions and investments
- A self-starter who is independent, hardworking and results-oriented.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – the ability to present ideas with precision and conviction.
- A passion for excellence.
- An entrepreneurial bent and a “roll-up-the-sleeves” orientation.
- Organized, thorough, and detail-oriented.
- Willingness to be mentored, ask questions, and receive constructive feedback
- Easygoing and able to work well with different personality types and with colleagues – junior and senior – across functions and global geographies.
- A high degree of integrity and professionalism.
What you get:
- Competitive compensation
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Work/Life Balance: 15 days of PTO, 13 paid holidays per year (includes the week between Christmas and New Year’s)
- 401(k) Match
- Wellness: affordable comprehensive medical/dental/vision plans, FSA/life insurance/STD/LTD/EAP, Paid Disability/Maternity/Paternal Leave, Rideshare incentives
- CFA/CIPM/CAIA Incentive Program and Professional Membership support
- Lifestyle Support: Annual health fair, on-site biometrics screening and flu shots, weekly lunches, snacks, discounted movie tickets/theme park passes
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex (including gender and gender identity), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, medical condition (as defined by California Government Code section 12926), or sexual orientation (defined as having a preference for heterosexuality, homosexuality or bisexuality, having a history of such a preference or being identified with such a preference). Our employees, as well as applicants and others with whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment. In addition, Wilshire Advisors adheres to the equal employment opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it does business. We are completely committed to these principles not only because of the various laws which address these subjects, but because it is the right thing to do.
Wilshire Advisors LLC is an SEC registered investment adviser and required to track certain political contributions under Rule 206(4)-5. As such, you may be required to disclose your prior political contributions.
No phone calls.
If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at ApplicantAccessibility@wilshire.com or 310-584-6011.