As part of the Wilshire family you can rest assured that every day you are contributing to an organization that is helping millions of people around the world make better investment decisions for a more secure future. We are known for creating a global brand with market defining products such as the Wilshire 5000 Total Market Index. Our solutions-based approach supported by a strong commitment to research remains the cornerstone of what keeps us at the leading edge of modern quantitative finance. For nearly 50 years, our clients have trusted Wilshire to transform complex theory into practical investment applications.
You will be responsible for the development and support of various technical aspects relating to the Wilshire Compass Investment Technology Product. You will also contribute to the already in-progress development efforts of rewriting the system as it is transitioned from a locally-installed, to a web-based application. Software requirements will be provided to you from business personnel and will need to be converted to software development action items which can then be approved for execution.
What you’ll do:
- Collect requirements from the business stakeholders
- Evaluate impacted areas of the code and identify any potential issues that may need further details
- Convert the requirements into software design specifications
- Manage individual software development priorities and progress while effectively managing deliverable deadlines
- Inspire the development team to learn and excel in their skills
- Provide ongoing technical support for the current version of the software and operations on an as needed basis
- Contribute valuable technical input regarding technologies implemented in the development process
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience developing software in a professional environment
- 5 years of ASP.Net MVC experience (preferably ASP.Net MVC 5)
- Kendo UI controls experience (JQuery and MVC) preferred
- Strong understanding of advanced programming concepts and C# language features
- 1-2 years of leading software development teams preferred
- Experience with the full Software Development Life Cycle.
- Azure/App Services experience
- Microservice architecture including authentication/authorization protocols (OAuth2, etc.)
- .NET Core / ASP.NET Core
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Git/GitLab, including code version control and automated builds and deployment is highly desirable
- Knowledge of VB/VB.Net to assist in transitioning internal legacy applications is a plus
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously while remaining detail oriented
- Capable of working independently to meet deliverable deadlines
- Ability to set goals, prioritize workload, provide vision, and work together to support multiple constituents/stake holders
- Superb people skills
- Superior ability to document issues and work performed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What you get:
- Competitive compensation
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Work/Life Balance: 15 days of PTO, 13 paid holidays per year (includes the week between Christmas and New Year’s)
- 401(k) Match
- Formal telecommuting policy
- Wellness: affordable comprehensive medical/dental/vision plans, FSA/life insurance/STD/LTD/EAP, Paid Disability/Maternity/Paternal Leave, Rideshare incentives
- CFA/CIPM/CAIA Incentive Program and Professional Membership support
- Lifestyle Support: Annual health fair, on-site biometrics screening and flu shots, weekly lunches, snacks, discounted movie tickets/theme park passes
Visit www.wilshire.com for additional company information.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex (including gender and gender identity), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, medical condition (as defined by California Government Code section 12926), or sexual orientation (defined as having a preference for heterosexuality, homosexuality or bisexuality, having a history of such a preference or being identified with such a preference). Our employees, as well as applicants and others with whom we do business, will not be subjected to sexual, racial, religious, ethnic, or any other form of unlawful harassment. In addition, Wilshire Associates adheres to the equal employment opportunity requirements of all states and localities in which it does business. We are completely committed to these principles not only because of the various laws which address these subjects, but because it is the right thing to do.
Wilshire Advisors LLC is an SEC registered investment adviser and required to track certain political contributions under Rule 206(4)-5. As such, you may be required to disclose your prior political contributions.
No phone calls.
If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at ApplicantAccessibility@wilshire.com or 310-584-6011.