Wize is seeking enthusiastic and dynamic instructors with in-depth knowledge of subject matter at the university level, an aptitude for teaching and a desire to help students reach their full academic potential.
As a Wize instructor, you’ll be tasked with teaching quality exam prep review sessions & weekly tutorials in a live format tailored to specific first- and second-year university courses.
If you think you have what it takes to excel in a fast paced teaching environment, we want you to join the Wize team!
- Computer Science
What it’s like to work at Wize
You’ll thrive with Wize; we provide all the resources, training and equipment you’ll need to become a top online educator, plus these additional benefits:
- Competitive compensation (details below)
- Opportunities for growth
- Unmatched online and in-person teaching experience
- Access to students across Canada, the U.S. and internationally and detailed student feedback to assist your professional development
Become part of our ever-growing network of Wize Profs (currently over 50 professional educators with a Master’s or Ph.D. in multiple fields, many who are also former or current university professors)
Wize currently offers $100 to $150 per hour of teaching. Further, we are hiring for both part-time and full-time roles in all subject areas and are work-from-home / remote-friendly.
Additionally, all Wize educators will be featured as a Wize Certified Tutor, where you’ll be able to set your own availability and tutoring rate, earning up to $100/hour.
- Flexible teaching schedules tailored to your availability
- Easily work around your other work and academic obligations
- Most teaching is on weekends (occasionally weeknights)
- Prep sessions for midterms are 4-8 hours over 1 or 2 days
- Prep sessions for final exams are 6-12 hours over 2 or 3 days
- Have comprehensive knowledge of the subject(s) and/or university-specific course(s) for which you want to teach review sessions.
- Have previous teaching, tutoring and/or TA experience.
- Have strong communications skills and be able to relate to students and the difficulties they face.
- Have an excellent command of spoken English and be comfortable teaching students with all levels of English-language comprehension.
- Be comfortable teaching large groups of students in an online/in-person setting (50+).
- Be comfortable simplifying course material and engaging students.
- Have advanced problem-solving skills and can draft original questions and solutions.
- Possess excellent writing and time management skills.
- Be interested in a long-term position.
We’re on a mission to make learning simpler, more accessible, and more personalized.
Over the last nine years we’ve worked with hundreds of Master’s and PhD educators and provided academic support to over 100,000 students.
Whether students need a quick answer from an expert tutor, need to learn their entire course, or anything in between – Wize empowers students with a study experience that is tailored to their exact study needs. The future of education is Wize. Will you be a part of it?