Women’s Islamic Initiative in Spirituality and Equality (WISE) seeks a highly motivated Fund Development
Intern to assist in foundation and grant application research, grant writing, crafting letters to donors, and submission of grant proposals for a growing New York City-based non-profit. Successful candidates must be extremely organized, possess good research, writing, editing and proofreading skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Work under the direction of the Executive Director as follows,
1) Create a comprehensive annual fund development plan.
2) Develop a two-year strategic plan for organizational capacity building.
3) Research grant opportunities at foundations using the foundation directory
4) Write grant proposals for multi-year campaigns for two programs.
5) Craft letters to individual donors, submit online and follow up.
6) Assist in creating an effective crow funding campaign.
· Highly organized and self-motivated
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Impeccable attention to detail
· Highly developed time-management skills
· Ability to juggle multiple projects at once
· Ability to work independently or on a team
· Interest in and/or knowledge of women’s rights and Islam
· Familiarity with MS Office Suite and Google Drive
· Ideal for college students, recent college graduates, or graduate students
Additional Details- The internship
· Is unpaid.
· Interns may arrange to receive course credit.
· Work is being conducted entirely online.
· Term- Start date is September 17, 2021 through December 15, 2021.
· Hours per week 15 to 18 hours per week (can be negotiated)