The Women’s Islamic Initiative in Spirituality & Equality (WISE) seeks a remote intern to provide original illustrations and video edits for online campaigns and published materials. This position will involve close work with WISE’s Executive Director.
WISE offers the opportunity to gain real-world experience and to make a substantive contribution to many of the most pressing issues of our day: women’s rights, religious pluralism, and the prevention of discrimination and extremism. This position is ideal for candidates who are looking to build a dynamic resume, and who are eager to remain active without the need to leave home.
Successful candidates must be proactive in their approach and highly organized, with the ability to juggle multiple projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design eye-catching, elegant digital advertisements and infographics in support of WISE’s online events and publications
- Produce simple but high-quality digital illustrations according to WISE’s guidance
- Work closely with WISE’s web development team so that visual materials can be uploaded promptly
- Edit videos to promote WISE’s events and projects
- Videography and video capture capabilities a plus
- Audio capture, editing, and podcasting capabilities a plus
The ideal candidate will have excellent video editing skills, ability to do basic graphic design, and have knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Microsoft Office Suite. If time permits, the candidate may get involved in developing a podcast series.
- This internship is unpaid, though WISE interns may arrange to receive course credit
- Flexible start date and hours
Job Type: Internship
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship
Pay: $0.00 per hour
This internship is entirely remote, and will not require travel to WISE’s New York office.