The Women’s Islamic Initiative in Spirituality & Equality (WISE) seeks a remote intern who will be responsible for outreach to popular media organizations on behalf of WISE’s upcoming programs and publications. This position will work closely with WISE’s Executive Director.
WISE offers the opportunity to gain real-world experience and to make a substantive contribution to many of the most pressing issues of our day: women’s rights, religious pluralism, and the prevention of discrimination and extremism. This position is ideal for candidates who are looking to build a dynamic resume, and who are eager to remain active without the need to leave home.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop familiarity with major media organizations and grow WISE’s extensive list of contacts
- Design press releases to announce WISE’s cutting edge programs and educational materials
- Publicize upcoming WISE Summits addressing Muslims women’s rights and confronting white supremacy
- Develop a six-month media plan for WISE and its programs
- Assist in the development of on-line fundraising campaigns
The ideal candidate will have excellent video editing skills, ability to do basic graphic design, and have knowledge of WordPress, Wix, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office. If time permits, the candidate may get involved in developing a podcast series.
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Highly developed time-management skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Ability to work independently or on a team
- Interest in and/or knowledge of women’s rights and Islam
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Teams, and Google Drive
- Ideal for college students, recent college graduates, or graduate students
- This internship is unpaid, though WISE interns may arrange to receive course credit
- Flexible start date and hours