The Women’s Islamic Initiative in Spirituality & Equality (WISE) seeks a remote intern who will perform well as a generalist, assisting WISE’s Executive Director with project management, digital event planning, database management, and other logistical tasks as needed.
WISE offers the opportunity to gain real-world experience and to make a substantive contribution to many of the most pressing issues of our day: women’s rights, religious pluralism, and the prevention of discrimination and extremism. This position is ideal for candidates who are looking to build a dynamic resume, and who are eager to remain active without the need to leave home.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work under the direction of the Executive Director to coordinate project development and rollout with WISE’s team
- Assist with intern onboarding, exit, and general correspondence with WISE collaborators
- Manage Zoom sessions and other digital event planning
- Update and maintain WISE’s database of contacts
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Highly developed time-management skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Ability to work independently or on a team
- Interest in and/or knowledge of women’s rights and Islam
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and Google Drive
- Ideal for college students, recent college graduates, or graduate students
- This internship is unpaid, though WISE interns may arrange to receive course credit
- Flexible start date and hours
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship
Pay: $0.00 per hour
This internship will be fully remote, without the need to travel to WISE’s New York office.