The Women’s Islamic Initiative in Spirituality & Equality (WISE) seeks a remote intern who will be responsible for front-end enhancement and maintenance of WISE’s website. This position will work closely with WISE’s Executive Director.
WISE offers the opportunity to gain real-world experience and to make a substantive contribution to many of the most pressing issues of our day: women’s rights, religious pluralism, and the prevention of discrimination and extremism. This position is ideal for candidates who are looking to build a dynamic resume, and who are eager to remain active without the need to leave home
- Update WISE’s website with new content.
- Enhance and maintain the aesthetic presentation and convenient navigation of WISE’s website.
- Add and update profiles of Muslim women.
- Develop new landing pages for two new publications.
- Develop and maintain an E-commerce.
- Work on search engine optimization to enhance website visibility on google.
- Researching different software programs/plug-ins, maintaining software documentation.
- Add new content such as photos, video, and speaking engagements to Daisykhan.com.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of programing language and WordPress. Successful interns must be proactive in their approach, highly organized, with the ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Working knowledge of XHTML/CSS
- Experience using a Content Management System
- This internship is unpaid, though WISE interns may arrange to receive course credit
- Flexible start date and hours
Job Type: Internship
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- This internship is entirely remote, and will not require travel to WISE’s New York office.