The Lodge at Woodloch has a philosophy of personal awakening, allowing guests to discover or reunite with stress-relieving outlets that benefit them long after they leave. The common denominator in each life-changing event at The Lodge at Woodloch is YOU. Each department requires different skills and knowledge that come together to make The Lodge at Woodloch an award-winning wellness retreat. Because of the amazing team, and the impact they have on guests, The Lodge at Woodloch has been honored with awards recognizing them within the Top 10 Wellness Resorts in the World time and time again!
We are so lucky to be part of the Woodloch family of resorts. The “Woodloch Way” is a term we use to showcase our dedication to hospitality and to each and every one of our staff (family) members. We’ve created a place where we can work hard, be creative and have our voices heard.
- Excellent personal appearance, good communication and listening skills and a friendly, congenial personality.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- The ability to work in a high-volume, busy service environment while maintaining composure and focus on guest.
- Strong administrative and management skills.
- Experience of overseeing a staff of at least 5 employees preferred
- Avidly participate and have advanced knowledge in all of the following activities: Hiking, Bicycling, Kayaking, Archery, Fishing, Geocaching and Primitive Fire Making. Prior experience as an instructor is preferred.
- Willingness to gain proficiency in new or unfamiliar outdoor activities.
- Have or be willing to obtain CPR (1 Rescuer/Adult) certification.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have a good driving record.
- Work cooperatively with the Outdoor Experiences Manager in order to help provide leadership and oversight to the Outdoor Experiences Staff.
- Prepare weekly work schedules for O/E staff and perform weekly payroll.
- Supervise on-going staff training for O/E staff, ensuring all SOPs are being followed.
- Train O/E staff in developing and maintaining effective guest relations and hospitality.
- Serve as a role model for proper guest interaction.
- With the supervision of the Outdoor Expereinces Manager will interview, hire, evaluate, coach and counsel all direct reports
- Oversee O/E staff on a daily basis answering questions and offering any needed support.
- Authorize changes in scheduling and staffing at the direction of the Outdoor Experiences Manager or Spa Director.
- Ensure that all shifts are covered. If a shift will not be covered by the assigned O/E staff member, it will be the assistant manager’s responsibility to come in or do a double shift, and cover that shift (i.e snow storm, sickness/accident).
- Regular and timely attendance for scheduled shifts.
- Provide personal attention to guests as appropriate.
- Oversee the maintenance, cleanliness, and neatness of the equipment.
- Maintain current knowledge of all company information.
- Work cooperatively and professionally with all departments.
- Attend regular meetings as directed by the Outdoor Experiences Manager.
- Work cooperatively with Outdoor Experiences Manager in the development of new programming and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the department.
- Lead activities offered by the Outdoor Experiences Department.
- Investigate all equipment needs and review suggestions with the Outdoor Experiences Manager.
- Be familiar with philosophy of resort and be able to communicate that to the outdoor experiences staff and to the guests during activities.
- Anticipate potential problems and keep the Outdoor Experiences Manager/Spa Director informed about guest issues or complaints
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by Management.