This application should only be used for students looking for a Culinary or Baking and Pastry internship or externship at Woodloch Pines or The Lodge at Woodloch.
Woodloch Resorts, Inc.
Culinary Intern Job Description
Job Title: Culinary Intern
Department: Woodloch Kitchens
Manager: Josh Tomson/Dan Corcoran
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
Under the direction of the Executive Chef and Sous Chef. The Culinary Intern is a paid, non-exempt, seasonal position responsible for performing duties and rotating through various back of house positions with the intent of educating and gaining experience to the culinary profession. Helps ensure guests are provided with the highest quality fine dining experience. Performs all work in accordance with essential functions and responsibilities as described below and in the spirit of Woodloch’s mission and vision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties shall include but not be limited to:
- Works with chefs and cooks with introduction to each kitchen station, learning prep and execution for both AM and PM service, banquet, and special events.
- Prepares and cooks menu items to established quality standards. Ensures items are timely coordinated with other kitchen operations, presented at proper portions and temperatures, with all dish components present.
- Adopts new methods of preparation as directed by Chefs and accommodates guest’s special requests as required.
- Assists with organizing, preparing, and maintaining food prep par levels. Develops an awareness of business volume forecasts and plans accordingly.
- Requisitions items needed to produce menu items and notifies supervisor of expected shortages in a timely manner.
- Assist with receiving and storing products.
- Ensures kitchen sanitation standards are met in designated areas and assists in maintaining cleanliness in kitchen and food storage areas.
- Observes food serve safe practices and all general Woodloch safety protocols.
- Participates in required trainings and meetings.
- Customer service driven.
- Reliable team member. Timely and Professional Appearance
- Work cooperatively with others in a team environment
- Previous experience with operation of cutlery and commercial kitchen equipment
- Strong knowledge of cooking methods
- Serve Safe Certified
- Demonstrate attention to detail and strong organizational skills