The purpose of the Public Management & Policy Fellows program is to provide highly motivated emerging leaders with practical first-hand experience in the process of managing an organization and a sense of personal involvement in the leadership of NYC. Graduate and Undergraduate Fellows will partake in the full range of activities of a demanding, and fun, advocacy non-profit organization, Woodside on the Move! The program is offered in our headquarters in Woodside, Queens.
Selected Fellows/Interns will assist Senior Staff in:
● Monitoring and drafting legislation in their assigned field(s)
● Meeting with elected officials, government agencies, and community/civic/advocacy groups in their assigned field(s)
● Coordinating community based projects, events, and initiatives
● Drafting and sending constituent support letters to government agencies in their assigned field(s)
● Day-to-day office administration
Our program emphasizes a more focused & practical hand-on experience within 1 or 2 specific fields (see below) designed for a career in the specified field(s) of policy.
Fellows will be selected for one or two of following fields:
● Aging & Seniors
● Housing Policy/Homeless Services
● Immigration Policy
● Education Policy
● Environmental Policy
● Small Business
● Public Transportation & Buildings
The Woodside on the Move Office is accepting applications for full-time or part-time Interns/Fellows with a minimum of 12 hours per week (Mondays-Saturdays), totaling at least 150 hours for the Fall/Spring semester and at least 250 hours for the Summer semester. For consideration, please send your resume to Executive Director Steven Raga at firstname.lastname@example.org. Course credit is available for those eligible.