Since its founding in 2004, Workforce Professionals Training Institute (WPTI) has become the preeminent non-profit training and technical assistance intermediary for New York City’s workforce development community. The organization has trained thousands of workforce practitioners from over 350 programs and organizations that collectively serve over 500,000 jobseekers. As a standalone, non-political organization, WPTI provides an inclusive bridge among providers, funders and government agencies that contribute to building NYC’s workforce.
WPTI’s mission is to increase the effectiveness of people, programs, and organizations that are committed to generating pathways out of poverty through employment. This is accomplished through a three-tiered approach which strengthens capacity at all levels of the workforce development system: 1) Professional Training: Develop the skills and careers of practitioners; 2) Organizational Consulting: Maximize productivity of programs and teams; and 3) Systems Building: Create linkages, foster research and influence funding and best practice priorities.
WPTI is now seeking an undergraduate/graduate intern for the Fall 2021 semester.
Candidate Profile | Competencies | Personal Qualities
- Enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program of study, credit bearing;
- Preference is given to subsidized internships (the University provides stipend to the intern);
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research and evaluation methods, and ability to apply the methods to produce visuals and written reports;
- Experience with remote collaboration;
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (including PowerPoint and Excel), Google App Suite, Zoom, and data visualization tools. Salesforce and Learning Management Systems a plus.
- Have a vested interest in the field of workforce development, community development and improving the lives of both underemployed and unemployed;
- Self-motivated and performance driven personality;
- A highly collaborative work-style with a strong commitment to teamwork;
- Available to work min. 10 hrs./week during normal business hours, Mon. to Fri., 9am-5pm (EST);
Key | Essential Responsibilities
- Provide day to day administrative support to the Sr. Director of Learning and Consulting and the Director of Project Management;
- Assist with routine training/event logistics, including scheduling, Zoom set up, data collection & reporting;
- Research, test, and document processes for using current and new technology tools;
- Create graphics, PowerPoints, reports and other visuals for internal and external presentation;
- Collaborate with staff to coordinate social media posts, press releases, and promotion of events;
- Contribute to market research and information gathering to support existing and potential consulting and training initiatives;
- Assist in conducting research on policy issues and best practices in the field and remain up to date on relevant information, data and emerging trends impacting the current and future planning of programs and initiatives intersecting the areas of workforce development and economic development;
- Provide exceptional customer service to all external and internal customers;
WPTI Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
WPTI is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment respecting for difference, and fairness, and guaranteeing the same rights to all its employees to ensure the fullest degree of success within the organization. WPTI provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or other personal characteristics as may be protected by applicable law.
To express an interest in this opportunity, please forward a copy of your cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to: email@example.com. Specify “Remote Consulting and Training Internship” in the subject line.