Fall TESOL Internship
Author Frank Smith says, “One language sets you in a corridor for life. Two languages open every door along the way.”
As a supported* TESOL intern, you will open doors for people around the world through your education skills!
Today, over 2000 people groups still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe believes the Word of God can transform lives when people encounter it in their own language or form.
Whether you’re looking to earn college credit, explore missions for your future, or just make a difference in the world right now, we’d love to talk with you!
Just as God has gifted you with a unique set of passions and skills, we have a unique internship for you! Each of our internships is crafted to best fit your interests while meeting essential needs around the world. No two are alike!
“I wanted to do something I really cared about in a field where I would learn a lot, in an environment I’ve never experienced before. I wanted both professional and spiritual growth happening side by side. And that has been here! I love the relationships and connections I’ve made with other people.” —Elizabeth, 2019 photography intern
Where might you work?
We have internship openings everywhere from Asia to the Pacific, and South and Central America, as well as even remote options for some roles.
What might you do?
In one part of the world you might teach English in a village where a Bible translation has just been completed, but there are few believers; by building relationships through TESOL you can share the Gospel. In another location, you might teach English to local language speakers who are translating the Bible into their own language. Many translators rely heavily on English resources for exegetical helps and guidance in translation work, so by helping them with their English, you will directly impact the translation.
Another day, you might sit down for coffee with a missionary, or someone from the local area to discuss culture or translation work, attend an ethnic worship service or play games with others on your team.”
This job might be for you if…
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification)
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You have an active walk with God.
- You are flexible and work well with people.
It’s a bonus if…
- You have previous multicultural experience.
- You have or are working towards an Education degree.
- You have or are working towards TESOL degree or certification.
- You take delight in teaching others.
All you need to know:
- Dates: Internships can start at almost any time of the year, though Stateside summer internships usually run from early June to mid-August
- Duration: Between 3 months to 1 year
- Cost: Dependent on location and length of internship
- Application Deadline: 3 months before intended start date
For more information visit https://www.wycliffe.org/internship
*ABOUT SUPPORTED POSITIONS
Supported staff (missionaries) with Wycliffe Bible Translators USA are members of a faith-based organization. If you become an intern, you will receive training and helpful tools to raise a team of prayer and financial partners in ministry; the gifts given to the preference of your ministry account provide for your salary, benefits and ministry-related expenses.
If you have questions about this job, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.