STATE OF WYOMING
invites applications for the position of:
ATAW99-2021-00627-Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) Specialist-Statewide
SALARY: $25.55 Hourly
OPENING DATE: 04/20/21
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Game and Fish Department is seeking a temporary AIS (Aquatic Invasive Species) Specialist responsible for implementing the state’s aquatic invasive species program. The successful applicant will take primary responsibility for outreach, watercraft inspection, and monitoring in one of the Department’s AIS management regions. This temporary position is typically filled annually from February 15 through November 15. See notes below for position location.
Human Resource Contact: Laura Curtis email@example.com 307-777-4507
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Provide technical support and supervision to watercraft inspectors.
- Supervising and conducting watercraft inspections and decontamination
- Hiring, training, and supervising watercraft inspectors
- Providing outreach information and assistance to the public
- Water quality and invasive species sampling, data entry and analysis, and report writing.
Will be given to those with a Bachelor’s degree in natural resources, or 3-4 years progressive work experience in watercraft inspection or customer service.
- Must be familiar with Wyoming AIS laws and regulations.
- Must be able to work well independently and with others.
- Requires effective written and oral communication and public relations skills.
None – See “Preferences”
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Weekend and holiday work will be required.
- Position will require some statewide travel.
- Positions require completion of inspector training course and certification provided by the Department.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Successful applicants for employment must pass a background check before appointment.
- Current vacancy is located in Laramie, WY; however, additional positions may become available in other locations.
- The tentative end date is November 15, 2021, with the potential for extension into 2022.
- Uniform and other necessary gear will be provided when in the field.
- Please submit a cover letter to Josh Leonard at Joshua.firstname.lastname@example.org, in addition to submitting the state application. The cover letter should include a description of career plans and suitability for the job.
- Contact: For more information regarding this position, contact Josh Leonard, AIS Coordinator, at 307-721-1374.
040-Wyoming Game and Fish Department – Fish Division
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
A complete listing of the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure can be viewed at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wyoming/default.cfm.
See Human Resource Contact Information
in the General Description Section
Statewide, WY 82002
Fax: (307) 777-6562
Class Code #ATAW99
Job # 2021-00627
ATAW99-2021-00627-AQUATIC INVASIVE SPECIES (AIS) SPECIALIST-STATEWIDE
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities. No notice of eligibility will be sent to applicants who meet the minimum qualifications.