STATE OF WYOMING
invites applications for the position of:
SALARY: $15.01 Hourly
OPENING DATE: 07/22/21
CLOSING DATE: 08/05/21 11:59 PM
Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Game and Fish Department is seeking to fill a Biologist Technician position based at Red Buttes Environmental Laboratory in Laramie. This is a 10.5-month position to assist with a project to hold salvaged native suckers for later reintroduction efforts. This is a part-time position averaging 15-20 hrs./week.
Human Resource Contact: 307-777-4507 Laura Curtis email@example.com
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Requires independent work and the ability to respond to any urgencies at the facility in a timely manner.
- Assists with routine analyses as needed.
- Maintains supply inventory.
- Performs routine maintenance, calibration, and quality control on scientific instrumentation.
- Other duties may include electrofishing, netting, data entry, equipment maintenance, and other routine fisheries management tasks.
- May assist with watercraft inspection and decontamination in cooperation with the state’s aquatic invasive species program.
Preference will be given to those pursuing a career or degree in fisheries. This may include preference towards those with a high school degree plus experience in fish and wildlife resource management, research, or college course work towards a degree in fishery or wildlife management, ichthyology, hydrology, watershed science, or other closely related fields
Preference may be given to those who attach a resume with their online state application.
**Cover letters are not required but may be emailed to Beth Bear, Aquatic Assessment Crew Supervisor (email:firstname.lastname@example.org). Cover letters should include career plans, education, classwork and experience applicable to the position, and dates available for employment.
**Agency requires that the successful applicant possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability and knowledge of physical duties such as building maintenance duties.
- Knowledge of the principles of scientific instrumentation.
- Knowledge of professional and safe lab practices.
None – See “Preferences”
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- This position requires working in various environmental conditions, using various tools and equipment, and some heavy lifting may be required.
- Must be able to work well independently with minimal supervision and also able to work well with others on a small crew.
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- Successful applicants for employment must pass a background check before appointment.
- The 10.5-month position will run from approximately August 16, 2021, to June 30, 2021, at the Red Buttes Environmental Laboratory.
- Transportation to the Laramie Regional Office is required.
040-Wyoming Game and Fish Department – Fish Division
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
A complete listing of the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure can be viewed at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wyoming/default.cfm.
See Human Resource Contact Information
in the General Description Section
Statewide, WY 82002
Fax: (307) 777-6562
Class Code #ATAW99
Job # 2021-01237
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities. No notice of eligibility will be sent to applicants who meet the minimum qualifications.