STATE OF WYOMING
invites applications for the position of:
CTBA10-13468-Senior Programmer Analyst-Cheyenne
SALARY:$4,839.86 – $6,236.95 Monthly
OPENING DATE: 11/16/2020
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Game and Fish Department is seeking a Senior Programmer Analyst located in our Cheyenne, WY headquarters. This position is a member of the Game and Fish System Application Development team. The primary function of this position is to be a system matter expert as it pertains to applications developed within the organization. A senior developer is expected to take a leading role in new application development, as well as performing enhancements and maintenance on existing applications. This position is for a full-stack developer, in a primary Microsoft environment, including, but not limited to .NET, MSSQL, JQuery, Xamarin, and Web API technologies. The department runs most projects through an agile and iterative methodology and developers are expected to be fully engaged in the process. Most development is in web-based applications with the majority supporting internal functions. Functional areas include biological tracking, law enforcement, license selling, permitting, financing, and some GIS-enabled applications. This position will serve as a Senior Programmer/Analyst level and is expected to provide guidance and mentoring to other staff members. The position requires the ability to work as a part of a team to identify and resolve extremely complex business requirements and processes.
Human Resource Contact: Laura Curtis 307-777-4507
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Build and develop applications for the department utilizing approved development tools and languages, meeting business requirements, and completing work according to schedule.
- Communicate with team members and business users to effectively understand goals, design appropriate solutions, and coordinate acceptance testing within the department’s agile development model.
- Utilize Visual Studio, Java, and Google Technologies and a variety of other tools to code, debug, and place into production new computer applications to support various functions within the agency. Understands PCI compliance and develops solutions that follow industry best practice standards.
- Maintain and enhance existing small to large-sized information technology programs and systems within the agency (to include testing and analyzing the results of new and existing programs and making changes as necessary).
- Identifying and developing technical options for resolving application or system problems, as well as integrating agency databases into Web technologies.
- Assist and mentor other application development team members in finding solutions to problems.
- Act as the system matter expert for assigned applications.
- Research new technologies and make recommendations on the adoption of new methods or the acquisition of new technology hardware and software tools to improve agency operations.
- Provide backup to other IT positions and technical support for Department personnel as required.
Preference will be given to users with experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and MSSQL.
Preference will be given to users with strong background in financial systems and accounting practices.
- Skill in creating applications using an object-oriented programming language.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in project management.
- Ability to research and innovate.
- Knowledge of the system and software development lifecycles.
- Knowledge of application integration techniques.
- Knowledge of technical service management.
- Knowledge of relational database design, specifically MSSQL.
- Skill in creating and maintaining spatially enabled enterprise applications.
- In-depth knowledge of software application and database design concepts, as well as rich user, interface web design experience.
- Skill in communicating with people, ability to troubleshoot, and manage several projects concurrently.
- Knowledge of the system development lifecycle.
Bachelor’s Degree (typically in Computer Technology)
1-2 years of progressive work experience (typically in Computer Technology) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Computer Technology Business Applications Analyst
Education & Experience Substitution:
4-6 years of progressive work experience (typically in Computer Technology) with acquired knowledge at the level of a Computer Technology Business Applications Analyst
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- FLSA: Exempt
- Successful applicants for employment must pass a background check prior to appointment.
- Some travel may be required.
040-Wyoming Game and Fish Department – Service Division
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
A complete listing of the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure can be viewed at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wyoming/default.cfm.
See Human Resource Contact Information
in the General Description Section
Statewide, WY 82002
Fax: (307) 777-6562
Class Code #CTBA10
Job # 13468
CTBA10-13468-SENIOR PROGRAMMER ANALYST-CHEYENNE
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities. No notice of eligibility will be sent to applicants who meet the minimum qualifications.